Monday 12 March 2012

Monday Monday

Let me first tell you I was very lacking today, as I was on my own mission to get someone to show me something, and therefore I did not get many photos, and I have to confess that I even forgot some important information about Maureen's Quilt.

Talking of Maureen's Quilt, this is it..

Stunning don't you think?
Stunning don't you think

Maureen used a jelly roll to make this quilt, and her label (which I forgot to photograph) explained the name of the quilt and the fabric used.   I do know that the quilt mentioned the '1600 quilt', when I asked Maureen about this she explained that it was the total number of inches of all the jelly strips that were used in the quilt.  I believe she enjoyed making this so much that she has started on a second one......... so watch this space.   


Heads down working hard
All busy



There was lots  of work going on as you can see, but I am afraid I needed help myself, so I feel today was a bit me me me.  Firstly I had a computer question  or perhaps more truthfully, lots of questions, and secondly I had seen a pattern that I would love to attempt, but just could not work it out.  Luckily we have friends in high places that know a bit about patchwork quilting and stupid (my words) patterns.  If ever I get this made I promise to bring it in to show you all.  

I also forgot to take a photo of the first block of the New York Beauty Challenge .......... shame on me.  Perhaps Lesley will add a picture, but I can tell you it was lovely.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like some of the girls were busy. Love Maureen's "Hometown" Jelly Roll Quilt.

    ReplyDelete