Monday 23 April 2012

Parting of the ways :(

Joan and her crew
It was a bit sad today. Joan Bates (Centre Back- photo position not five a side football!) is leaving us to move to Hampshire to be closer to her grandchildren. I am sure that she is looking forward to being a more involved Granny!
We shall be sorry to see her go, but she has promised to keep in touch, and I hope that she will join a local group. I know she has enjoyed her time with us and I hope that we have been able to help her in her patchworking endeavors!
lots of sewing



Work was still being produced, Pauline busy busy busy - looks bright and cheerful.
Bright and cheery of pencil cases
She is making these lovely pencil cases for a friend a BSK who travels to (somewhere between Russia and Mongolia!!!) to support a local orphanage.  What a lovely idea!

Fran is busy completing her beautiful needle turned applique blocks. I think this may be the last one.

 Sheila was sewing tiny beads (can you see the tweezers!) onto her seascape, very pretty
And Jan was stitching a design of her own - this looked a bit like a Knot Garden

Angela was piecing scrappy squares, I hope she managed to keep them in order

 


Joan finished the day with a chocolate bar for everyone!! 

Good Luck Joan
Happy Stitching!


We have a regular visitor from Mountain View, (what a lovey name)  California. We would love to know who you are!  Please leave a comment?!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I am not from Mountain View, but still love to read all that is going on in the group. Farewell to Joan, the chocolate went down a treat. The pencil cases sound a good idea for Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its sad to see Joan leaving she is such a lovely lady. It seemed such a busy day, so much going on I felt a bit dizzy! (No sarcasm please!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I prefer the green background colour, but then I am a green person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to see Joan go after all Joan and I met at Poppy Patch doing the Sample Quilt with Helen Spence.(Joan was better than me) still I shall plod on. Best Wishes Joan and join the blog as to keep in touch

    ReplyDelete