Saturday 27 August 2016

August Round Up

 Lots has been going on during the month, but unfortunately I was not there to record it.

But this week things are getting back to normal(ish)

Lesley is adding the faces to this cute applique quilt

 Angie was very proud with her progress on the knitting front - Holes in all the right places!

 At our Project day, Jo had bravely suggested that she show some ladies how to make beaded decorations - Here are some of the results
Angie's
Barbara's
 Elaine is joining all the pieces of her crocheted Ballerina Mouse

 Barbara has started on those Christmassy things
 Started this printed panel
 Chris is making more pencil cases for the Shoe-box Appeal
 Kay is quilting a fun piece of fabric
 Ena is playing with Dresden plates
 Shirley had finished a quilt that was started at a local class

Carol and Pam have completed thier versions of the Fold and Stitch Wreath

 More Christmas intentions from Brenda



Alison was putting the finishing touches to this lovely scrappy Owl Quilt
 Bernice is making TINY stitches for an Embroiderers Guild Challenge piece


Barbara is making a cushion for her cat - or is it for her? 

 This month has seen another fabulous Exhibition - Festival of Quilts in Birmingham is well worth a visit, but I think that you need more than one day to do it Justice.  I was there for four days and know that I did not see half of what was on display.

For those of you who did not get there, here is a small selection of the quilts on display

Simple enough





    But such a clever idea!  Using fancy stitches on your machine to fill the negative space.


















This Flying Geese quilt took my eye.



Remember the African fabric that we had as a Challenge? 


I loved this beauty

 I feel I must have one of this type of designs in my future

 I'm sure someone must be following our Challenges - Could have been one of our "Artist" pieces

I borrowed someones hand to show the scale of this tiny Mariners Compass Miniature 


But this is the quilt that kept drawing me back 

left the visitor in to show the scale








 And this was only judged as "highly commended"

Madness!!!




1 comment:

  1. I could not believe this was not picture but a wall hanging. Brilliant workmanship.

    ReplyDelete