Monday 25 March 2013

Unveiling our Challenge

Yes, today was the unveiling of the challenge set by Louise and I have to say 'didn't everyone do well'!!
We had Cushions, Mini Quilts, Table centres and Table Runners, Wall hangings (some very cheeky!), Place mats and Book covers.
Everyone had stuck to the brief and chosen fabrics to match their paint swatches.

Photo's cannot do justice 

some great applique,

and wonderful paper piecing.

we all spent lots of time studying, discussing and being amazed at creative minds 


Now I have to make an apology -  Lesley gave me Pauline's cushion to bring to group as Pauline couldn't make the meeting this week and Lesley wasn't going to be around either, so the cushion was passed to me where it has sat very safely in the boot of my car.  Yes you guessed it, I forgot to get it out so it missed the party and unfortunately it won't make Wednesdays show either. 
 
But just so you won't miss it altogether.....

Pauline's cushion--- all alone

A big 'Thank you' goes to Louise for setting the challenge, and an even bigger thanks to all that took part. 

No meeting next Monday as it is Easter, so a Happy holiday to all.



4 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks like there has been some busy busyness going on. Well done ladies. Really must get on with mine?!?!? Oh! No! I HAVE finished it. (Just) :))). See you on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry I was unable to be there but I can see you have all done some great work. Have a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a colourful display,hopefully mine will be finished soon,sorry I wasn't there instead of at Addenbrooks 'till 7pm.Happy Easter everyone

    ReplyDelete
  4. We missed you all but had a lovely afternoon with all the goodies to look at.Some wonderful work. Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete