Thursday 2 April 2020

Into The Swing Of Things

I am sure we are all getting used to our Stay at Home instructions a bit more now.

My best tip is do NOT listen to more that one lot of news a day. We were tuning in to the Tea Time update but now they are just getting political digs in,  so we now only listen to the local section of the news at 6.30pm   They tell us any updates and that is all we need.
 Since doing this I am feeling much less anxious. Still missing my family like crazy, but we are keeping in touch and that will have to do.

Maybe Mr T and myself will end up like those Japanese soldiers on Pacific Islands that emerge 30 years after the war had finished and they had no idea.  😜

You will let me know when it's all over - won't you ? 😦

Anyway - I have added a few numbers to our Whatssap group butt no one seems to be connecting on it.  I have popped something on there today and will see what response I get.

I will update this Blog a couple of times  week  - so please email any photos of things
( to highampiecemakers@gmail.com ) that you are working on or have finished and I will get them on Or you can add them to the Whatssap group and I can transfer them here

But firstly -



Great Big
 Congratulations 
 to the Lovely Ellen and Graham who are celebrating their
 Diamond Wedding Anniversary
today !!!
💘🎉🎂

   That's and event that will need to be celebrated with friends soon  



Debbie sent a photo of her son who is a First Responder   - I remember him as a very bonnie baby - I know Debbie is very worried about him



Ellen has been busy making for a Coffee Morning - but that of course, was cancelled so they will be saved until later in the year. 
 If anyone has any spare wooden coat-hangers, I know Ellen would make good use of them



June is also on the Bunny run 

And has now moved onto mice



Beverley has sent through photos of the  Linus quilts that she is making





Obviously on a production line

Just to let you all know that the Linus quilts that we made this year are being stored until we have the All Clear.  So if you want to make any more it is not too late.


 Bernice is knitting to keep her fingers busy
 Maria is having a go at a Jelly Roll Rug for her Grandaughter
 I have finished an Aran cardi for this little one

 This quilt for a first time Grandma

And I pieced the back 
  
And I am piecing the back for this one  that I have also made this last week 

More First time parents





There are so many funny clips and videos going around at the moment, but this was part of a conversation that made me laugh till I cried  😂
what can you do with her !!!

I hope that we are all going to join in with this evenings Thank You 



Stay Safe xxx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely to keep in touch Some have been busy after we must make good of our time Wondered how we come to have had so many e mails and phone calls with good wishes but now no why But many thanks to you all. Must go and do more unfinished items keep in touch take care please xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Ellen and Graham. xx

    ReplyDelete