Saturday 28 March 2020

Keeping in Touch

Good Morning Ladies


I hope that you are all coping with the confinement.

Aren't we lucky that the weather has been so good.  Lots being done in the garden and sewing projects saved until the wet weather returns.  We know it won't be long 😳

We have set up at Whatssap Group for those of you that might like to keep up to date with members - just reply to the email with your mobile number.

It was suggested that as a group we could do a Sew Along project so I have set out a block that you can make any size you like.  I will be doing 8" blocks  - you can adjust the size if you wish .


You don't need to buy fabric for this - I will be using my scrap box.  Anything goes - really - don't get all matchy matchy - you will need light and dark/medium colours  just cut some squares and drop into a box then grab and sew! 

 this one looks co-ordinated,  only because it is leftover from a project I have just finished - I will
unpick the block and mix it into my scraps
Mock up of a block
For Each 8" finished Block you will need
 8 x Half Square Triangle units
 8 x Four Patch units


Cut the squares for the Four Patch units 1½"  - you could cut 1½" strips and cross cut pairs of squares


Cut  Squares for the Half Square Triangle units 2 ⅞"

I am sure that you all know the quick HST method but if you don't..... 

Take one light square and draw a pencil line  diagonally across on the wrong side.  Place the light square (Right Side Together) with a dark square.  Stitch on the light square 1/4" either side of the drawn line.  Cut along your drawn line and Hey Presto!  You have two HST units.  

Let me know - or send a picture of your blocks if you are joining in - 
I am getting started cutting today and sewing tomorrow  (who am I kidding 😳- I have a box full of HST units from previous projects ) 



Meanwhile a couple of photos from members keeping busy ...



Shirley has made a Jelly Roll rug (she purchased the wadding strips last August !!)
 She has also made a non slip foot pedal mat
 Jo has finished the top of her Winter Wonderland Redwork quilt
Must finish mine 😳
 Debbie has been cracking on with a crochet blanket that she is making 

Lynda is ready to quilt this baby quilt...


And has begun the applique for the next one 
again - a last August acquisition! 

  One of the bonuses of the isolation period are the jokes and Memes that are being circulated (some of which I dare not put here 😯) but this one made me giggle 




And if you really fancy a beautiful project go over to Laundry Basket Quilts 
   They have started a Mystery Quilt along  - it is 100 blocks (only 6") with video instruction

It's OK to start two new projects - yes??


 Please send photos via email to highampiecemakers@gmail.com and we will keep everyone motivated to show off 😜


3 comments:

  1. Well done Lesley, even I thought I might try the quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work trying to catch up before I start more projects Keep busy ladies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see the work being done and enjoying the extra time for Christmas challenge.

    ReplyDelete